Monday 10 June 2013

Help!How do i watch my little boy grow with tribal marks on his face

This mail came in yesterday morning.At first when I read it I didn't believe but She  put her real name and her phone number  for me to call her and confirm if I'm in doubt.Here is her story:

My name is......... And I'm in my early thirties.Married with a two year old son.My husband works in a bank and I work with the federal government so we leave home very early.There's a nanny that takes care of my son during the day and she leaves as soon as either of us is back from work.The money we pay her is a bit much so my joy knew no bounds when my mother-in-law came from the village to spend two months with us.I was more than happy because it means the salary we pay our nanny will have to stop till my in law goes back to the village.Luckily for me,it didn't take my son much time to settle down with his nanna.
One day,I got back from work unusually early that day,went into my son's room and I found him sleeping peacefully.I was almost tip toeing out of his room when a second thought told me to move closer.I did and to my greatest shock I found three tribal marks on my poor boy's face.Well,according to my in law,She had organised this plan without the knowledge of my husband and I to give my first son tribal marks because according to some stupid tradition,every first son of the family must have.My husband is not the first boy so he escaped it.Please readers help me find a solution to this.How do I watch my little boy grow up with tribal marks on his face in this day and age.Who still does that?I'm still devastated.I want my in law out of my house.I hate her with every fiber in me.I need answers please before I lose it.

13 comments:

  1. Hmmmm dats a hard one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send her packing, she's not to be trusted! What did Ur hubby say or do about it? There's nothing U can do now about the tribal marks than to keep loving Ur son unconditionally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her hubby will be in the best position to do whatever he pleases to his mother.

      Delete
  3. Sorry dear,nuffin can be done ryt now. Am so sorry abt dat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solution: while trying so hard to watch ur son grow up with the tribal marks,make sure u are working so hard to shape his career into being a politician or an artist.B4 u know it,he becomes the president or a celebrity...People will look beyond the tribal mark or better still it becomes his trademark....He can nail any beariful girl,that's a plus...See Obasanjo and sanyeri for references.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omo,this one na war o.no one touches my baby.i know what I went thru in aving my child so no witch of a mother in law will now come and draw on my baby's face.is she mad?i don't bloody care who she is or how she is 2 my husby,she's spending some fucking days in a cell.i will personally see 2 dat.
    although d deed has bn done.like wot pple said,luv him unconditionally.ur pain will fade away over d yrs but make sure ur boy stands tall always amongst his peers.
    and as for ur inlaw,tell her she hasn't seen d end yet.u are coming for her big time sooner or later.all na threat.u know u can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy I bow for u o.Arrest ur mother-in-law keh?Lmao

      Delete
  6. There is no need doing antin 2 ur mother inlaw, although its painful..like d sayin "d knife cuts a child, u throw d knife away, d knife has already done wat d bad deed". There is no need crying over spilt milk..just let go..n think of how u r going 2 bring up ur son, in a way that d tribal mark will not even matter at aLl n besides it isn't a disease..some pple have worst tribal marks n dey r successful, n also look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woman u don't need to do anything. Just hold on.Your son is gonna grow up to be a man....right?...when he is grown and u av saved up so much for a burial, just sit him down and tell him how he got the tribal marks....I'm too sure he will be the one to poison his Nanna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such still happen in this age? I'm shocked. I've read something similar on nairaland.

    The lady went to visit her MIL in Oyo state with her son. Mama tricked her to go get something for her at the market.

    When she came back, she met her son crying and on coming closer, saw heavy marks on his face. She left that place the next following day. She was even thinking of suing her MIL.

    My fellow women, please do your research about the family you are about marrying into. Some still follow traditions like their lives depend on it.

    Poster, love your son and do research to know if recorrective surgery can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dis is really sad bt it is well my sister. Its better u try to kip dis behind u and move on. I knw its nt easy bt trust mi its best to show ur son much luv nw and mke him comfy wif doze marks bf doze bully in ez class starts calling him names . Dat will kill ez self esteem and will b hard to correct by den........sorry about the markz luv jes try and turn dis sad situation abt okay!

    ReplyDelete